Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old NJ point system?

• This topic has 7 voices and 38 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    BMXspectator

With the Jack Frost being the first race of the new season in New Jersey will they run the new NBL point system?

RaidenHayden

I was at the meeting, and from what I gather, they may not be using the new point structure for this year, as they don’t have the software ready. So it may be the old points system this year

BMXspectator

The new program is out. Is any one from New Jersey going to competition congress? I would think they would give it to you there. According to the NBL’s web site that will be one of the biggest classes this year.

RaidenHayden

is it before the Jack Frost? If not, then they won’t have it up in time, even if they have it, don’t they will use the new system

BMXspectator

Yes congress is before the Jack Frost. You would think they would want to run the new system. I have read that a lot of states will be running it this year. So why can’t New Jersey?

RaidenHayden

Go to the meeting and ask them, if I say anything they will want to sue me for slander, LOL LOL. You would think they would for the simple reason, that any new people that come in wouldn’t be confused when hey went to a National. add to the fact people from here going to out of state nats, will ssee others are already running it, and if we aren’t, wonder what is going on here

BMXspectator

You shouldn’t have to bring something like this up at any meeting. If this is what the NBL will use for there national and regionals then why not your local program?

bmxmom156

if you want to know about it asap why not just email the state points keeper person? is janneen doing tht again this yr?( dont know how the elextions turned out as i couldnt go to the meeting) i wuold think the points person knows when she is switching over to the new system.

bmiddaugh

I have a question.
    Why does everyone who races, rehash the same thing over and over.
    Why not just do your own thing?

s4lnj

we race to get points– whgat good are points in an old system

i’m seriously thinking of just chasing an aba district plate this season– but i want to support the tracks in this state

dave

bmiddaugh

Ok,
    at what point does one say,
    Why continue to do something that is not having the outcome I desire?
    One must put their effort into something that has the most positive effect.
    Contrary to my websites new “tagline”, I know the reality of what has been laid out here.
    It is now time for those who really care to put their resources to where it will have the most positive effect for the future.

bmiddaugh

BTW,
    The aba system of points giving only makes sense,
    you earn a #1 district plate
    you can run it at ANY national or event in the country.

You earn an nbl #1 state plate,
    stick to the locals kid.

BMXspectator

I still do not get all of this. There is a new point system out but we still don’t want to use it. Why? Could someone give me a reason why it shouldn’t be used. Is it that no one knows how to run it? Or are they afraid of making a change?

FYI:

SUNSHINE STATE BMX ASSOCIATION, INC.
    ANNUAL MEETING OF THE ASSOCIATION

November 11, 2006
    State Points Keeper – Kathy Bostrom – Wanted to explain the changes that have been made with the new points system regarding the point’s structure & class structures.
    1. Local Level Only- Mains will be pointed as rider finishes per their class.

5. Pilot Program- Alice stated that the NBL is hoping other states will adopt the New Points Program. Florida is the pioneer and is actually being used as a pilot program to find glitches and to see what works and what doesn’t. We will be able to tell them where they need to make changes in the program at the NBL Competition Congress. Alice encouraged everyone to have a positive attitude.

State Race Commissioner – Alice Bixler – stated that we started our New State Season last week and she has received phone calls and emails about the new points program. Most are complaining, however, some are stating they like what we are doing. Alice stated that the silent vote of people spoke for itself today when we had more riders today then we had last year. She feels people are looking for change and this is a good change.

bmiddaugh

well, I think that sums it up right there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.