Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old NewJerseyBMX.com

• This topic has 20 voices and 60 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    CrazyCooter

I would like to clear the air about certain board members that are taking a little heat here.

As Track Director of EHT BMX, I asked two key individuals that work in our registration booth if we were ready for the open (i.e.: Registration info, who we give the check from the registered riders to, how the points are kept…. standard things to think about for this type of event). Since the first race would be ocurring at our track in three weeks, I thought it would be a good idea to be prepared for it in advance rather than wait till the last minute. Neither of these individuals had any idea that the series was finalized. Yes, a poster was posted on the outside of our Registration building that Rich F. asked me if he could post (which was a great looking poster if I may add). I said yes because I and the EHT BMX Assoc. Board all agree that this is an awesome idea to promote NJBMX. However, because these Ladies were IN registration or on the finishline scoring, they did not see, study, or maybe even read the poster. As board members of NJBMX they have specific duties.

The State Clerk will be doing the registration of the race because it is a State Qualifier, therefore she will be the one to verify that the non-pros are racing class also (NBL Rule Chapter 6 Sub B, which is also addressed in the Hyper Pro/Am rules), and they have to be in the computer in order to get a moto for the “open” printed out. The moto is part of the State Qualifier race, and insurance has to be paid for the riders in the race. It needs to reported to the NBL on the race report. The races obviously have to be run “in conjunction” with the regular motos, unless all riders involved in the open want to race 4 times in the span of approx 15 minutes (I as a “rider” don’t think that would be very effective).

The State Tresurer is in charge of the money collected at the State Qualifier. The money for the open should therefore be paid at registration, since it is being run “in conjunction” with the State Qualifier. If anyone other than the State Tresuerer is handling and keeping track of the money, she will turn it over to them from Registration (be it Rich or Glen) and both parties should get a receipt (after all, tracking of money is one of the “big” topics)
    This being said, neither the State Clerk nor the State Tresurer were “informed” of any of this and if the State Commissioner and the Asst. St. Commissioner approved this series (which may I remind you IS a VERY good thing), THEY should have passed the info on to them as well as the Tracks involved. Yes, this series has been thrown around for a few months, but nothing was final at the last meeting. I was asked if I would support the series by Rich F. through a third party, I said “Yes”. That was the last I heard of it until I saw the poster and then checked the website (great website by the way).

There is no “power trip”, no “clearance” from the state clerk was needed, the open “IS OFFICIAL”, but the communication about the series….. “the people who need to know, know”, maybe should have a broader spectrum of dispersal. Maybe I don’t need to know, but some other support personnel may have a need.

Once again, these individuals started asking questions because I wanted to be prepared for the Hyper Pro/Am event that is scheduled to take place on May 5 at EHTBMX and it will be a great series. They are NOT trying to cause problems with the event regardless of what anyone thinks. If anyone would like to talk more about my thoughts on this, feel free to pull my ear at the East Coast National at EHT BMX this weekend. I will be glad to talk with you, and I hope to see you down here!

Chris Vliet
    EHTBMX
    Track Director

mediocre rider/racer

bmiddaugh

Change is good.

bmiddaugh

I dunno,
    board, schmord, bid, snord.
    This is about trying to keep the older riders from taking off from racing and bringing excitement back to racing in NJ.
    Everyone seems down with the idea, so instead of worrying about who knows what, maybe we should just sorta go with the flow and make it all happen.

Maybe that is part of where the disconnect is, too much worrying about bureaucracy and not the riders.

Anyway since we are on the subject, has anyone notified the State Secretary?
    Maybe we should notify the national guard, oh man, I slay myself.

hmmm, maybe a non-nbl opinion might be good on this.

Bill, how would the aba handle something like this?

RaidenHayden

ABA, schedules the state series. They work it out amongst the operators. There is no state board. Championship is determined by new member signups for the year. Definitely alot less bureaucracy. If we were to hadle something like this though. I am pretty shure that the track director handling the race has to handle the paper work and fees collected. Not far from the point Chris is trying to convey. While letting it go with the flow is good, and laid back is cool. I think that having some accountabilty is probably good.
    You guys set this up, but you will have to play by their rules. However, you wil be able to use the site as a watchdog.
    Remember you are having your series within theirs, you are going to have to make it work.
    When we do ours you’ll see how I do it.

bmiddaugh

ah, it’s good to have different points of view now. —

ridinlow

@CrazyCooter wrote:

I would like to clear the air about certain board members that are taking a little heat here.

Chris Vliet
    EHTBMX
    Track Director

mediocre rider/racer

“A little heat”…..sorry don’t see it. It might be because your head is so high up in the clouds were the air is too thin for you to think clearly. Maybe you should come back to reality were the rest of us are. This race will benefit you (EHT).. open your eyes 😯

bmiddaugh

mediocre rider/racer

I don’t see Chris as having his head high up in the clouds. It takes a lot to run a track.

4130forlife

chris is ok in my book

RaidenHayden

Everybody wants reps from the tracks and the associations to come here and post why what is done. That is good so we all know why it is done.
    Chris is one of the few who has explained why, and now he is getting beat up for it. Hey when I went after someone, they either mis quoted someone or wouldn’t explain. Thanks should go out to Chris for doing what he did wether you agree of not.

CWCCRIDER

@bmiddaugh wrote:

mediocre rider/racer

I don’t see Chris as having his head high up in the clouds.

He does get some good air off that 2ND straight double !!!!
    😆

bmiddaugh

LOL!

bmiddaugh

nj officials will be asked about it this weekend i am sure so if there is something posted they can just point to the poster/ flyer… if they are unsure of the details…

The only important officials in NJ are the riders.
    All it takes is asking one of the riders what is going on and they will be more than happy to tell you.

No one has to keep to themselves and wonder what is going on.

Wierd,
    this thread started out very positive but got wacked because some people weren’t informed of what the riders want to do?

I would like to add that most of the riders that are going to be racing in this were informed and have been continously informed.

The RIDERS have been planning this, maybe that is where the breakdown is.

Man, I can’t wait for 2008.

BIGANT-DOG

ridinlow you are way off base. Chris does a hell of a job And he is a kick ass racer. even if he will not admit it. Anytime i have a question he will answer it. Why don’t you stop the bitchin and crying and do something POSITIVE. You seem like you like bmx , so pass out some flyers, find somewhere to put up state series posters. We get nothing done bashing people that do not deserve it. And chris (i am sure everyone agrees with me) does not deserve the crap you spew out of your mouth

Judgement day is coming- those who have helped bmx shall be blessed.

those who have done bmx wrong shall be cast into the eternal pits of hell.

ANT DOG 3:16

tpbmxtd

@CrazyCooter wrote:

I asked two key individuals that work in our registration booth if we were ready for the open (i.e.: Registration info, who we give the check from the registered riders to, how the points are kept…. standard things to think about for this type of event).

Chris,
    We have tried to set this series up so that the extra work for the State Clerk is minimal. The Open race is already part of the State series, all we are doing is trying to make it more interesting for the older riders and the younger riders also.

Since most of us are going to be at the National this weekend, if we can all find time to sit down and go over how we can all work together on getting the series off to a good start. We are more than happy to explain to everyone how this can work.

We are not in anyway trying to make this a “US vs. THEM” thing, all we are looking to do is to make the NJ state series as big as it can be.

Thanks for your post Chris, and in no way are we trying to give anyone a hard time about this.

4130forlife

yes, we will sit down, drink a few beers and discuss bmx..

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.