Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old New 2007 NBL Points Structure

• This topic has 13 voices and 29 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    bmxgirlmom

For everyone who thought Mains should be worth more than motos, wish granted. Also looks like the Juniors and Supers will be running 7 man gates in motos instead of 6.

Go to http://www.nbl.org for more info.

RFarside

Finally 🙂 😀 😆 😀 😆 🙂

bmxgirlmom

Thought you’d like that Rich. 🙂

bmiddaugh

That’s real right…not photoshop’d….. 😀

bmiddaugh

Wow, everyone is moving in a more positive direction….
    < slinks away quietly…

bmxgirlmom

It’s real. On front page of NBL site. Goes into effect for the Nationals this weekend. Goes into effect Jan. 1st for the Regionals.

bmiddaugh

Has there been any word on local points?

bmxgirlmom

Nothing yet, but will be talking with the NBL this weekend to get the scoop for answering questions.

Still need clarification on the 17 + girls. They’ve added a new class for them, and I’m not sure how it will effect girls that are currently racing Junior Women, Elite Women, etc. Also added several new cruiser classes for girls.

Go to BMXMania.com for the new race that has been added for Worlds Qualifications.

Interesting stirrings in the racing world this year.

After this weekend, people will be able to come to me with questions, and hopefully I’ll have definitive answers.
    Check the njbmx forum on Sunday night for info, or see me at the races. I’ll be glad to answer any question I can, or find the answer if I don’t know it.

CrazyCraig

When I first saw the title to this thread, I thought “oh no, Rich is at it again, and this should be funny…”

Wow, the NBL is paying attention, at least on this one. Now if they could just explain the logic behind a couple of the class changes. Hmmm…

bmxer901

looks like they came up with another way for them to somehow make more money. Its gona get really interesting come the end of next season (points wise)

OK I dont race NBL so please explain.
    If a class has 7 riders thats one gate of 7 right?
    Then say you get first aall three motos, no main you get 3×6= 18 points for first overall.

If a class has 9 riders thats two gates, one of 4 and 5.
    Then say you get 1st all three motos and win the main thats 3×6=18+100 so total is 118 points.

I cant be doing that right, first with 7 riders is 18 points and first with 9 is 118?

CrazyCraig

BMX901:

If nothing else, ya gotta keep things fresh. But yer right – now you need 6 nats and if you blow a main, you will be looking to go back for another. Still, this puts the points where they belong.

CrazyCraig

Eric – they have mains for every class at Nationals regardless of rider count. Both of your scenarios will have a main.

They will always drop at least one rider out of motos before the main.

5 guys in class = 4 in the main.

6 guys = 5 in the main

Except for the elite classes, if there are 7 in class, you will have a gate of 4 and a gate of 3, and 5 make the main (drop 1 from each).

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Ok so say you have 7 at a local thats no main, but at a national those 7 race all three motos and the last place rider doesnt make the main of 6. Simple enuf, thanks Craig.

CrazyCraig

Believe it or not Eric, I raced some locals this year with 7 riders in class, and they put us up there in two gates (4&3), but all riders made the main.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.