Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Maybe clips are not that bad.

• This topic has 18 voices and 57 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    sickryder83

think about how bad it could have been without the full face though. I was one of the first riders around using full face helmets (that i remember). from the day i started i used one. people used to think it looked funny, then 5 years after that most were wearing them. it basically came down to people realizing that the risk was not worth it.

rodney

w o w I come wit the no brakes ,no pads, no helmets ,streeet style !!!! I think I would wear as much as possible on the dirt just not clips…. cause I need a cause

sickryder83

the funny thing is that when i dirt jump i don’t use any pads nor a helmet. when i race though i use pretty much anything i can find

CrazyCraig

when I go out for a cruise to the convenience store, I put on knee and elbow pads cause I know I am going to want to jump something.

Sure enough, the other day on just such a trip, a did a jump out of a parking lot which lands on grass, slipped a pedal and came down on my knee. Luckily I was wearing the knee/shin guards.

bobbmxer

Clips are all about the extra edge, some people like the some people don’t, just like the whole aluminum to chromo deal. Yea unexperienced riders should not ride them to learn they’re skills properly but they have become the must for the expert and pro classes. Most people who watch riders like me, Phil, and Tim Sulivan(to name a a few)run platforms in practice and then race clips really can’t see the difference. The oply thing it prevents is from bailing in the air if you think your going to fall but hell, if your racing who really has the time in the air to think of that? The not bad I love racing with them but I know I can do just a good with of without them, I just gotta push down more if I don’t use em”.

Mr. Whipple

LeadSled1

This one’s for the Dog. 😆

= TEH HURTS 😯

4130forlife

hahahaha

LeadSled1

MMMM Dirt tastes goooooooood……….

Country

Thanks for the pics! NO WAY will I EVER clip in! I’m, SKEEEERD!!!!

4130forlife

haha.. PROOF that clips will kill you

BIGANT-DOG

Dave you make me laugh, yes clips can hurt you (maybe) but yet you will not wear a full face helmet? you say “don’t land on your face” Well you can’t prevent certain things from happening some times. I am slow but at least when i crash I am protected. btw you are still my homie for life. WORD/. -!

CrazyCraig

I remember reading that Percy broke at least one of his wrists from that fall. I watched the video, and all he did was just lightly case his front tire. If he was not clipped in he might have saved it.

Pinky111

@4130forlife wrote:

haha.. PROOF that clips will kill you

No Dave..not knowing how to bail will kill you. Just say o to Shimano clips!!

AirportFF

Jason,

Can’t wait to post those pics. Great hanging out this weekend. See ya at NP on Friday

Clint

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.