Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Maximum amount of qualifiers, locals and points for state

• This topic has 16 voices and 46 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    ihatem

@bmxmom1001 wrote:

also, for all the kids that don’t have a class at a local or qualifier and have to be combined with kids not their age or proficiency then usually don’t get good points racing out class. Mean time the other kids may go to a different track and have a class and get perfects. Then when you get to the championship the kid who was combined at all the races got sucky points and then perfect at the championship doesn’t get number 1. It just isn’t fair. Qualifiy for the championship and wipe the slate clean. So everyone has a chance at being number one. It is a win/win situation and it makes sense and you will actually have to earn it at the championship and not just have it given to them.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀

bmiddaugh

< knows better than to argue with moms.

bmxmom1001

You like, You like? Let’s make it happen people. There is no reason why this idea can’t go into effect. It isn’t a written NBL rule to run the state series the way it is now. The state can run it anyway it wants to you just need to run a certain amount of races at the tracks to have a state series. Other then that there is no excuse.

BIGANT-DOG

From what i have just read, it seems like we are in the way to making things better.HAve not had alot of computer time lately, but i like the idea of making it easier to qualify, now back to the dishes —

bmxmom156

so that i am understandng what you are proposing…is it when riders are combined an age up that they are getting screwed? like 7x with 8 x? as i was under the impression when the novice gets combined with the x the novs get x points so in fact THEY are the ones who are at the advantage ( 2nd place nov racing a 1st place x is equal to a first place nov so in effect the nov gets a perfect) follow me? it used to be that the novs would go to where they WERE combined with xperts so they can get the x points… i dont know if they changed it recently this was when dan was 8 or so and it was a large class and they fought for every point they could get.

i like the clean slate idea.. but should a state champion be only based on 1 race? so if the rider has a bad day or bad gate in the main its all over? that has to be thought thru.

i like the change of points ideas the moms are comming up with would like to hear some more complaints by that i mean… ie give examples of what happened this yr that you want it to be changed… i just want to know how the system has changed ( we havnt been watching points for a while so thats why i ask) thanks for your patience and thank god there is new blood that are interested in getting involved… hallaluya!!

bmxmom1001

If a novice has to move up to expert and there are 5 experts and one novice then yes they are getting screwed for points. also same as rookies. When there is a major age diffence the computer will spit the rider out in the novice class. So if the rookie gets 6th all day then yes he will get crappy points.

bmxmom1001

anyways. Forget about the point system for qualifing. You are just going to race qualifiers to qualify for the state championship. get it?

bmxmom1001

PER BMXMOM156 “as i was under the impression when the novice gets combined with the x the novs get x points so in fact THEY are the ones who are at the advantage ( 2nd place nov racing a 1st place x is equal to a first place nov so in effect the nov gets a perfect) follow me? it used to be that the novs would go to where they WERE combined with xperts so they can get the x points”

It works both ways. so if a kid races xperts all the time and gets those points. say second that is 55 pts. and a first place in novice is 50 so the kids that go to a track and have a novice class are the ones who get jerked in points then. It works vice versa. Follow me?

bmxmomof2

What are the qualifications of being New Jersey #1??

Is it about abillity and skill or points?
    Is there any honor of being #1?
    Does it mean anything to anyone?
    Is it a plate that you paid for?
    The point thing really sucks…. for instance a young rider was excited to see that he was in 1st place in points, then at the state championship 2 other riders wre registered to race, his thought was how can he race when they didn’t qualify? To make a long story short, he was told that thye voluntarily move up to novice. Duh…………. anyone can look at the standings and see points. Thinking I have more than him, so if i move up then I can be state #1. WRONG!!!!! There is just something wrong with this. Talk about being screwed and disapointed. That child was. Well some really know how to play the system and not earn it. We should also think about a proficiency frreze.

Yes, everyone does have a bad day, but there is always next year. Work on those skills and see you next year. It is human nature to be plagued with bad luck, we just don’t ever know when it will happen. It’s a thing called life.

this is a topic that has many different views and not everyone will be happy aout whatever is decided. We just need to think of everyone and be FAIR about it.

bmxmom156

wow i didnt realise there were all these complications with the younger guys.. when my son was in those classes we had min 5-9 riders in class/ had mains, etc and they all fought for every point they could get. we did all the qualifiers there was no “just to qualify” it was “your best 4 or whatever the number was” as you wanted to get all perfects if you had the opportunity to “earn the state champ title” and boy it was a fight too…lol (some of the parents were the ones with the gloves on fighting for the title…lol) if you were 2 points under the #1 guy you can be sure that kid was going to be at the next qual to go for it…..

anyway my point is whatever makes it competitive and fair. like somone said earn the title. you will never please everyone but if more riders participate then there will be less combining thus more kids stay in thier own age and dont get bumped up. there should be no reason for this at a qualifier ( locals maybe yes but you should always have a pure class at a state race) at least i would hope in a perfect bmx world…

how else can we get more riders to do every qualifier not just the ones at thier own track? maybe thats a possibility.

CrazyCraig

Maybe this might help, or at least spark some more debate:

Make a bigger spread between points for the different classes. I know, this gets messed up when someone is combined all the time.

As stated earlier – make the Championship worth alot more points. Not sure if the one race for the championship will catch on. If you tell everyone all they have to do is show up for 3 or 4 qualifiers and your qualified for the championship, and then only the championship itself decides number 1, you’ll have lots of folks coasting at the races they show up for. Dont take away the competitiveness at the individual races.

Have a proficiency freeze?? No one is allowed to move up from rookie to novice, etc., at the state championship unless actual NBL move-up points dictate.

Whatever is ultimately decided has to be something we think will foster better and better competition for years to come, not just a fix based on our current amount of riders.

tpbmxtd

Maybe set a point level that you have to reach to qualify for the championship race. Instead of having to have 10 locals and 3 qualifiers, make it 4 qualifiers and 6 locals with a certain amount of points to qualify for the championship race. That would take away the coasting at the races.

Also why cant every qualifier and the championship be run like a national. Every class have a main and give main points along with moto points.

bmxmomof2

@CrazyCraig wrote:

Have a proficiency freeze?? No one is allowed to move up from rookie to novice, etc., at the state championship unless actual NBL move-up points dictate.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Just another one to make us go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I guess maybe it was done the day before then. I know that the riders were not on the point standing sheet on the wall at HC in the particular class, but show up on the moto sheet in another class. Hmmm, makes us wondder???

So yes, there should be a proficiency freeze!!!

justSTOPit

OMG, Stop belly aching!!

Stop the nonsense!!

Why not just throw everyone of the same age on the gate and race for the plate. To hell with proficiencies. Race it out!

There you go, proficiency freeze problem solved.

bmxmom156

stewie has a point…

if the qualifiers ran like a nat (mains for all)it would definitely increase the competitiveness…

i like it …but how would that work with such small classes? most have 4 kids racing in class(at the most) now you drop 1 that makes 3 in a main?

any thoughts on this? the less combinig= smaller pure classes= less kids in a main. cant have 2 man mains that kind of defeats the purpose.

bottom line we have to get more riders to the qualifiers..it used to be that you didnt miss one unless you were away on vacation or something…lol how can we make the qualifiers worth more?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.