Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Maximum amount of qualifiers, locals and points for state

• This topic has 16 voices and 46 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Another topic started in the other thread is how many qualifiers, locals and what type of points should be used for the state series.

I think this also merits it’s own thread.
    Maybe a few people could rehash what was started there, here.

Also, it should be made public knowledge that as of this writing the new software that the nbl has does NOT have a points system integrated into it for the state to use. I was informed by someone close to Irma Miller that it would be ready by January 2008. If I were the concerned riders and parents racing the 2008 state series, I would be contacting the nbl and requesting the status on the new software. I would also request them to make available to all racers and parents a software package that allows YOU YOURSELF to keep track of your points, much like the aba does.
    Also all track results based on the new software had to be reloaded into the old software to even run this years state series, which in my opinion is a waste of valuable time. In effect the laptop bought to run the “new software” this year was not needed as the state series points could only be done with the old software, which does not run well on XP.

Just trying to keep everyone informed.

tpbmxtd

Why not have 4 qualifiers – one per track and 6 local races needed to qualify for the championship race.

Also make the championship race worth triple points to hopefully make the racing closer at the end.

bmxmom156

yes stewies ideas are good

4 qualifiers and 6 locals sound great. i think the triple pt championship would def encourage more to do the final race. we have to try to get everyone to do the championship race or whats the point of the series?

also let anyone race the championship regardless…. not forcing them to race open only.

The only problem I see with one from each track is that some tracks have both qualifiers in one weekend (not bad in itself), and if you are not available that weekend your screwed 😯

Other than that, count 4 qualifiers, 6 locals (maybe count 10, but only require 6?) and definitely triple pts for the champ race

bmiddaugh

Isn’t Loren the official proposal writer or something? —

phantom

The state series has 4 tracks okay 4 qaulifiers and no locals arent that what qaulifiers are for the championship.

tpbmxtd

@bmiddaugh wrote:

Isn’t Loren the official proposal writer or something? —

But aren’t you the one looking to run for Secretary…..write it down girlfriend —

bmiddaugh

Yes sir. —

bmiddaugh

I need a consensus for everyone to yay on.

bmxmomof2

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, what do we all think of this idea?????

Have one qualifier at all tracks (4 total). You must race 3 of them to qualify for the championship ranking.

Then…………………………………………………………..

Clean the slate at the championship. Everyone starts again at zero. They qualified to race the race, now they race for the #1 plate. Everyone has the chance to win it. talk about exciting racing. Everyone would want to be #1. You will have a true race champion and NOT a points champion.

Ok, people go ahead and beat me now………………….

👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿

bmxmom1001

ooohhhh it takes a woman/mom to make a great suggestion. Then again we are all about bmx whether aba or nbl. Isn’t the redline cup raced this way. This is a great idea. I think there would be some good racing action at the championship. This is something that should be thought about heavily.

bmxmom1001

also, for all the kids that don’t have a class at a local or qualifier and have to be combined with kids not their age or proficiency then usually don’t get good points racing out class. Mean time the other kids may go to a different track and have a class and get perfects. Then when you get to the championship the kid who was combined at all the races got sucky points and then perfect at the championship doesn’t get number 1. It just isn’t fair. Qualifiy for the championship and wipe the slate clean. So everyone has a chance at being number one. It is a win/win situation and it makes sense and you will actually have to earn it at the championship and not just have it given to them.

bmiddaugh

come up with several different proposals and then we can vote on em and the one with the most yays wins..
    I guess..

bmxmom1001

Boy Brett you sound so enthused about the ideas. You guess? Let’s get some concrete ideas. Something that is gonna work. Let’s not have the board walk all over us and disregard our ideas. We do pay for these races ya know. But then again whenever anything is brought up at a meeting it is always tossed to the side. So good luck yall.

bmiddaugh

Let’s not have the board walk all over us and disregard our ideas.

Ah, I have been waiting to make this point after I saw something at a job I went to do this week.
    Had to stop at a police department to get taken to a location that we had to program for beacons that are for ped crosswalks, (yes believe it or not I get access to many NJ police departments due to the nature of the business I work for) anyway on the wall in the P.D. is an organizational flow chart for the town. It showed how the power flowed in a democratic society.
    You had the town committees, council, mayor, P.D… etc.
    Who was at the top of the food chain?
    THE VOTERS.

Since the nbl operates as a sort of “BMX democracy”, it would seem that the top of the food chain is not, the board, it should be…
    The riders and their parents (see I included you guys and gals, I must be loosening up, LOL)

There will no longer be any tossing to the side.
    Proposal.
    Vote.
    Democracy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.