Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Ideas on helping grow NJ State series

• This topic has 20 voices and 44 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    CWCCRIDER

@BIGANT-DOG wrote:

Like the Hyper Pro/Am series but for the younger guys.

Dan i had suggested this, but maybe we can make it work. But x box is not the right thing, we wanna keep em outside, not staring in front of the t.v. Maybe i can talk to al al at cjs and see waht he can do to help.

I know my kid would tell everyone in his school if won a Xbox RACING .I’m not sure that he would get the same interest telling his friends he won a helmet or something !!!

It would be cool to stop the races and turn up the music like they do for the pro/am

s4lnj

everything glenn said– BUT– point the poeple that race and aren’t qualified– spoilers can make the championship very interesting–

and i like th eidea of the young gun open

CWCCRIDER

@s4lnj wrote:

the young gun open

Man, that sounds cool 8) 8)

ihatem

@tpbmxtd wrote:

@TenaciousD wrote:

Just to expand on what Chris just mentioned.

How about having a series for the little kids (an open class) in conjunction with the state races where there is a point system and at the championship they win an XBox or something.

Like the Hyper Pro/Am series but for the younger guys.

I will buy the Xbox (or something else in the same price range) if thats what it takes.

I think that would be good for the younger kids, the only thing that you may have to do is have someone keep track of all the points. With the Pro/Am all the points were taken care of by us and not the state, we did it this way to alleviate the extra work that would have been involved.

So if someone is willing to help with this, I say bring it to the next state meeting and present it to the board. With the success of the Hyper Pro/Am, it should be able to be done.

I don’t know what’s involved in something like this but I would be willing to go for it . If someone would be willing to give me some help to get going, that would be great!

I’m pretty invested in this sport already, even though we have only been into it for 2 seasons, I have 2 young riders, 6 & 7 so I would love to be involved more to help keep the younger generation of riders have fun and stay motivated!

moderator1

Ok guys, Brett started a new topic for the “young guns open” so lets move the talk about that over to there.

Let’s continue on the topic at hand….How to improve the NJ State series.

I understand that this is part of improving the state series but I think it warrants its own place to discuss it…..Thanks

moderator1

There are a lot of good ideas….let’s keep them coming.

I think you have to count at least 4 qualifiers. Its a state ‘series’ right? It could be less to get into the championship. I also agree it should be triple points for the championship. I know my 2 kids and I just had to show up. Nothing to gain or lose.

I think you have to count at least 4 qualifiers. Its a state ‘series’ right? It could be less to get into the championship. I also agree it should be triple points for the championship. I know my 2 kids and I just had to show up. Nothing to gain or lose. 6 locals should not be hard to make.

@bmiddaugh wrote:

Currently the new NJBMX Inc. site will not be up and running till Jan 2008. I have not heard from Lee yet on what is going on with the site but will update when I get info.

Site is in progress… Not revealing ANYTHING until I have complete draft done. Once that is done, You guys will know.

bmxmom156

thanks lee

cant wait for the REVEAL!!

bmiddaugh

How’s that for ANTICIPATION!

Rock on, Lee. —

4130forlife

one state qualifier at EACH nj track.. including pottstown

bmiddaugh

I second that.

RaidenHayden

So, one qualifier at each track, best of three, champ finals count triple, and only five locals.

bmxmom156

sounds great!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.