Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Ideas on helping grow NJ State series

• This topic has 20 voices and 44 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    RFarside

The #1 thing that needs to be changed it the points at the championship race. If you go back and look there was over 50% of the riders sitting #1 that all they had to do was roll the gate to get there #1. If you were to make this a triple point race, that would change.

With only 129 riders qualified for the championship, I feel some things need to be changed.

BIGANT-DOG

Rich I agree with you on this one. Yes i got state #3 but i feel i did not really earn it. There were only 3 of us at the race, but we had way more riders at qualifiers. Lessen the amount of qualifiers and locals and make the finals worth more. JUst my 2 cents.

ihatem

@bmxmom156 wrote:

maybe have the state meeting schedule written somewhere on the new njbmx website? maybe even with the proposed ajenda so if anyone has info to bring up they can be prepared and make it more informative? even if its just a month and TBA so we know to look for a meeting coming up

does anyone know when the next meeting is?

Where are the meetings held? And I’m assuming anyone can go right?

moderator2

The last couple of meetings were held at the incline club. And yes the meetings are open to everyone.

ihatem

One thing that we were really excited about was at the Pottstown Regional/National(I’m not sure which it was) was that they did a 7 & under open for prizes.As a parent of a young rider watching him try to win to get that prize was Great! I think he wanted that more than anything(how many trophies do you really need?)

I’m just repeating what you all say all the time, it’s the younger generation of riders that are going to keep this sport alive and growing they need to be movitated by winning something different!( it’s like christmas to them)
    Can they do something like that at any race or do you think the extra races take away from the origional race that they are there for? Hmmm

Just my thoughts.

TenaciousD

Just to expand on what Chris just mentioned.

How about having a series for the little kids (an open class) in conjunction with the state races where there is a point system and at the championship they win an XBox or something.

Like the Hyper Pro/Am series but for the younger guys.

I will buy the Xbox (or something else in the same price range) if thats what it takes.

tpbmxtd

@ihatem wrote:

One thing that we were really excited about was at the Pottstown Regional/National(I’m not sure which it was) was that they did a 7 & under open for prizes.As a parent of a young rider watching him try to win to get that prize was Great! I think he wanted that more than anything(how many trophies do you really need?)

I’m just repeating what you all say all the time, it’s the younger generation of riders that are going to keep this sport alive and growing they need to be movitated by winning something different!( it’s like christmas to them)
    Can they do something like that at any race or do you think the extra races take away from the origional race that they are there for? Hmmm

Just my thoughts.

Chris,
    I would say bring it up at the next state meeting. If there is enough interest than maybe it can be done.

Maybe instead of pre-registrating for a trophy they can put up some other prize with the same amount of value for the riders

ihatem

I like it!

It does’nt even have to be that big of a prize, they gave away helmets, fox gear bags, shirts, etc.. Whatever, they just want stuff, cool stuff.(and yes an XBox is very cool)

I’m sure we can get plenty of donations to give all of the kids entered something. Big or small, who cares like I said, they just want stuff!( they even get excited about sticker packs!)

BIGANT-DOG

Dan i had suggested this, but maybe we can make it work. But x box is not the right thing, we wanna keep em outside, not staring in front of the t.v. Maybe i can talk to al al at cjs and see waht he can do to help.

ihatem

I even have another idea…it is kinda off subject but, it’s fresh in my head.

You all see every where you go.. super markets, walmart, ice cream stores…. They ask you if you would like to donate a dollar to a cause and you get to write your name on a little designed paper type thing. I speak for myself and I’m sure others, I feel like an ass not to give a dollar to a cause.it’s a dollar.

We can do this at all races at registration when they have their money in their hand.

We can put all these donations towards anything…prizes, banquet, whatever.It’s a great way to make some money and after a whole season it could really add up.

bmxmom156

great idea chris… it could even be like an end of the yr raffle or put it towards the little guys open prizes…

helmet bags are always cool too… i like the gear bag idea ( they are always loosing their gloves/ pads etc would be nice to have it all in one place… lol maybe even get the winners name embroydered on it..?? who knows…

BIGANT-DOG

I see alot of good things coming next season. —

tpbmxtd

@TenaciousD wrote:

Just to expand on what Chris just mentioned.

How about having a series for the little kids (an open class) in conjunction with the state races where there is a point system and at the championship they win an XBox or something.

I will buy the Xbox (or something else in the same price range) if thats what it takes.

I think that would be good for the younger kids, the only thing that you may have to do is have someone keep track of all the points. With the Pro/Am all the points were taken care of by us and not the state, we did it this way to alleviate the extra work that would have been involved.

So if someone is willing to help with this, I say bring it to the next state meeting and present it to the board. With the success of the Hyper Pro/Am, it should be able to be done.

tpbmxdad

all good ideas.

CWCCRIDER

@BIGANT-DOG wrote:

Dan i had suggested this, but maybe we can make it work. But x box is not the right thing, we wanna keep em outside, not staring in front of the t.v. Maybe i can talk to al al at cjs and see waht he can do to help.

I know my kid would tell everyone in his school if won a Xbox RACING .I’m not sure that he would get the same interest telling his friends he won a helmet or something !!!

It would be cool to stop the races and turn up the music like they do for the pro/am

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.