Homepage Forums Riders Committee Forum I will post this tomorrow on njbmx if we get a consensus,

• This topic has 3 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

of opinion from everyone.
    Any changes post below.
    This should either get taken down or raise some major eyebrows.

Topic:
    Request from riders committee.

At the November meeting it was decided that committees would be formed and meet separately to discuss ideas and formulate plans on how to implement these ideas for njbmx.
    One of the committees that were deemed necessary was a riders committee. At the November meeting a loose membership of
    Dale Meghan
    Pete Bonilla
    Dave Kapigian
    Rich Farside
    and Brett Middaugh was put together.
    Since that time we have also included Rich Carolan and Bill Hayden as well as getting input from Pete Wohlgemuth, Craig Wilson and Anthony Brown.
    The riders committee has come up with the following ideas to implement preliminarily for the 2007 season.
    1. A portable p.a. system for the state series and major NJ events.
    2. Promotional literature for the 2007 state series and local tracks.
    3. New state awards for 2007.
    The riders committee has, as was suggested, taken it upon themselves to get funding for these ideas so that no money need be taken from the state organization.
    This funding will come from a grant from The Carolan Foundation.
    In order to secure funding for said grant the foundation has requested the following.
    1. The IRS letter of determination stating NJBMX’s non-profit status.
    2. A copy of the 990 forms for 2004 and 2005.
    3. An official bank statement of deposits and expenditures for NJBMX for the 2004 and 2005 seasons.

By acquiring the above items, the riders committee will be able to secure not only the funding for the few items we have requested money for but will also be able to move forward with requesting funding from other sources through our advisor Rich Carolan.

The riders committee looks forward to another great season of BMX racing in NJ and it’s continued commitment to promote BMX racing in New Jersey.

BIGANT-DOG

do it

RaidenHayden

I think if you check they only have to do one tax return, and then it’s keep the books. What you need to do is ask for the books for the last three years, under the auspices, that you CAN, as they are a 501c3 non-profit.

ONe of the reasons, I would like to know what happens with the money that comes from the state into the tracks, is I don’t think every track is putting it back into their track

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.