Homepage Forums News From The Admin Brett’s Ramblings…. I have a question.

• This topic has 5 voices and 14 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

This isn’t meant to bust anyone’s chops or anything but I’ve just been wondering about this for awhile.
    When I came back and was invited to my first state meeting in Feb of 2005. The people there were asking Jeff Morgan where the state champion jackets from 2004 were. It seemed like the order wasn’t placed or something. Anyhow I know these snafus occur now and then but I was just wondering how this happened. Can anyone tell me what was going on that might make those jackets so late? From all the planning that goes on for our current state stuff it seems like this was a major oversight.
    I just don’t want to see any boo boos like that happen again.

RaidenHayden

WHy ya gotta be like that!!!!!

adamguild

Sounds like corruption

RaidenHayden

I will say the jackets were really cool we got that year

bmiddaugh

Nobody is answering the question though.

RaidenHayden

Haaaaa, probably, because they are not or never were members, they may be on one of the yahoo sites for NJBMX, discussing brownies

gmac

from what i remember, there were two people doing the jackets that year. the ball was dropped. the order was placed and jackets were sent as soon as they were received

bmiddaugh

Finally someone who seems to be able to give straight answers. I thought we were supposed to have an awards committee to handle stuff like this. At least that’s what the by-laws say. But be that as it may, it seems we need to really start to take stuff like this seriously. That must have been a crazy awards banquet when people showed up and no awards! I’m hoping that an improved njbmx website used as a central communication tool will stop things like this that occurred from ever happening again.

Then again with a site like this out there, making boob boos that hurt BMXers might be a little tougher.

Hey, you replied to a couple of our posts with straight answers.
    Thanks!

bmxmom156

i think what happened was in the beginning of the yr someome stepped up to the plate and was in charge of the jackets/ state awards/pres cup jerseys..then as the season ended this person was no longer in volved with the workings of the state and low and behold there was no one doing the jackets/ ordering getting sizes etc so jeff stepped up and took over with whatever info was given him. i think that year the pres cup jerseys were forgotten about as well maybe the same person was in charge…?

this is what happens when someone offers to help then for whatever reason they dont come thru…. maybe thats the reason some of the state “old timers” are reluctant to be as enthusiastic as most of the newbies on here….( by that i mean new to the workings of njbmx) after being burnt a few times by people who come out with guns blazing to have that job put back in thier lap again…well its hard to let someone new take over certain things…. i can see thier hesitancy with this type of thing.. commitment is tough to come by and finishing what you started is even harder it seems in the world of bmx…

RaidenHayden

Or, maybe as some of the new timers are finding, that when they offer, it’s yeah great, then the great wall of china comes up, and halt

bmxmom156

just trying to maybe shed some light on why things are the way they are… so as not to repeat history over again…

bmiddaugh

you can not do all this alone. if you think you can then you might as well quit. i would be curious to know who these people were.

bmxmom156

i dont remember but i think it was just well intentioned volunteers who just maybe got in over their heads…

bmiddaugh

Cool, well maybe someone can fill me in some time in private so I can learn how to not make these same mistakes. It seems though like this is something that should be taken care of well in advance and then after the championship when you know sizes it’s just a matter of telling the people making the jackets, what sizes to make…
    I’ll be honest though and say I’m glad that the satin BMX Aunt jackets are gone, lol

bmxmom156

brett did you get one of the older cj satin jackets with the big embroydered flying insane wayne racing on the back?

haha that was the best!! danny has one thats like a super duper XXXS the design goes all the way from the collar to the waist band!

at the time they were the jacket to have… hey everytime dan looks thru his old bmx stuff box he takes it out and says its the nicest jacket he has….well flemington one year did those varsity jackets with the leather sleeves..they were pretty cool too…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.