• This topic has 12 voices and 29 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

My plan.
    Purse, believe it or not someone is actually working on this at the moment, but before I put my foot in my mouth I’ll let them get their job done.
    Barring that.
    Ever state race has a 2 p.m. start time for the “superclass” (is that what they are calling you guys now?)
    I’m not sure how we are allowed to run things but…
    We mix up the qualifying, yadda yadda, then run 3 mains to determine who wins. 10 min break between mains, sorry fellas, you turned pro not me. We gotta generate enough interest too keep people here, (those with sponsors should ask to donate product for raffles in between your mains, it will generate interest) every main will have the guys names announced, you gotta wear uniforms….oh lord it pains me to say that after being a freestyler all these years but it does make racing look better.
    Cool plates.
    Jerseys with your names and number on them.

I will videotape this, get you guys doing some sh*t talking…after race b.s.ing interviews etc….
    I am working on a poster to be distributed to bike shops and sporting goods stores for the 2007 state series. I’ll need help in the distribution end.
    It will showcase the whole series but put a little bit of a “main event” emphasis on the Pros.
    The NJ Pro series mains get under way at 2:00 pm….
    Come see, Phil , Tim, Cavemcnut…hehe.., duke it out on NJ’s best tracks, ya know the deal..
    You have 6-8 pros who can shape and promote the hell out of BMX racing in the area, it’s just gonna take some initiative.
    In fact I suggest you guys start getting on the phone or email or whatever and talk amongst yourselves on how YOU would like to run this.
    Let’s try…

jaylamoon

I can remember in the early 90’s when EHT used to have a “rumble” every sat. night. We would all race our 3 motos, and wait around till the end, when the track would be lit and Doug Luden would announce “Are we ready to Rumble” and play some LL Cool J…then all the older guys would line the gate and we’d all be watching. That generated a lot of out of towners to become locals at EHT and made a HUGE rise in the rider count. As for there being a purse, I don’t remember anything being offered but I could be wrong…I BELIEVE they just did it because they enjoyed the sport…

jessica

Coughdrop

Jessica,

You were right in the fact that the riders all did it for fun! It was basically a 14 and Over Open that was no-charge. We would get the vendors to donate some product, but other than that it was all about having fun with no pressure. Anyone could race…cruisers, girls, experts, novice, beginner, pro…anybody. It gave everyone a good chance to go out and have fun as well as bring some excitement to the local race. I remember guys coming from NY, CT, and DE to race that Royal Rumble. We would have 1/4’s every time, and in the end everyone had fun. I encourage you or someone to bring those back!

Doug Luden

bmxmom156

brett…thats exactly what i am talking about…

DigetyelaD

whats up doug how have you been
    dale

jaylamoon

LOL…good to hear from you Doug….

Jessica Becotte

4130forlife

wow doug luden

thats a blast from the past..

nice to see you onn here buddy

CrazyCraig

Doug – how’s it going? Crazy Craig here, last time I saw you was 1989 racing the State Series in 17+ Expert. I think I saw you on ESPN a couple of times broadcasting races. Whatcha been up to?

Caveman

You know, we could do this, we could have a superclass at the qualifiers next year. There’s seven of us locals and you could entice some guys that are close enough like Kelley, Albright, and McGuire. Make it superclass, not 16 + over open.
    Then you do it just like a national. Superclass is up first complete with music and introductions. Of course a good PA system like I’m hoping we can afford would be necessary to do it right.
    And I’m down with three mains. That’s the way pro should be.

Then all we need is someone with a pipe to whack Phil in the knees, Tonya Harding style and we’ve got ourselves a competitive race. With the added publicity that brings, people will be lining the fences to watch each race. If that’s not enough controversy, I’m willing to take steroids if it will help NJ BMX.

But seriously, we could and should do this.

CWCCRIDER

Before you know it will have parents coming out with their firearms to the races !!!! 😆 😆

Caveman

That’s what we DON’T need. We talk smack but when people take a hobby that personally, you know they have issues. Leave the firearms to the high school basketball fans, the pee-wee football parents.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to find a fat guy that’s good with a pipe.

Sullivan

no pipe needed… got the next SONNER right here :wink:!

bmxmom156

dave i thouht you were already on steroids?? dont worry your secrets safe on this site..lol

bmiddaugh

So are we gonna try this?

bmxmom156

whats wrong with the 16 over open?? i dont know about shutting them out you dont have a big class as it is with them why shut them out?

i understand you want the recognition but thats what a pro/am is so then would you have a 16 over am open? not many kids in that group left since alot went superclass this yr.i could see ifyou had 15 or more supers but just my opinion… then if all of you dont show up and you dont have a class then what? i say race all together but if you want to point the pros differently in thier own series why not?

any thoughts on that?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.