Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Greg Hill speed seminar log.

• This topic has 16 voices and 147 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    LeadSled1

I am not even going to comment on that. 😯

s4lnj

yesterday– tues — 5 pump laps, 2 min rest between.. a few half hot laps (small guy traffic prevented full laps).. raced

tonight– wed— rest–

GregHill

This is cool! I am pumped that I can come here and see the motivation you all have for training, makes me happy I came and spent time with you all…Keep up the work guy’s!

GH

CWCCRIDER

My son has been on fire ever since the clinic. I used to have to pull my kid off playstation to go ride, now when I come home from work he is asking me to do sprints!!!!
    After last weeks race I had him do some pump laps, it was hot , we were tired, on the ride home I was thinking of a nice cold shower mom said something about rain tomorrow and he was like “all man i wanted to go back to the track and practice” Thanks again to Greg and to rich for putting this together.

I never thought BMX would be as fun as it was when I was 15 but it is twice as fun !!! My only problem is trying to walk straight after doing those vert. leaps 😕 😕

RaidenHayden

Get to go to another Dr for more tests today, that seems to be my training schedule

LeadSled1

Thanks Greg, if it wasn’t for you we would all be polishing our bikes instead of riding them.

I went to do sprints last night but the helmet was still soaking wet from the night before. That was nasty so I decided to try something else. Another 4 X 25 vertical leaps to make up for no pump laps this week and worked on manualling.

CrazyCraig

Crazy day Wednesday (for legit reasons) but even so I went for a good 30 minute recovery ride (raced Tuesday night) by my parents house on the cruiser (had it in the mini-van with me). The funny part is I was still in a polo shirt and slacks from the office, but luckily had casual dress shoes on with rubber soles (long story, but did not let it stop me from getting out there). Kept a good steady pace / good RPMs, almost like being on an excercise bike, except with more purpose and better scenery. I know its not part of a recovery ride, but I used the sidewalks a little during the last 10 minutes to work on manuals (wish I did not miss day two!!). Tonight I will get in a good round of sprints. No racing in Jersey this weekend (P-burgh), as of now going to Woodbridge nat, so I have a week & half of good training ahead of me.

s4lnj

thursday– some skill work during the day, 25 sprints at night

toady–friday– 20 more sprints

Craigmeur77

Between the rain and heavy work schedule, I did no training this week . . . excuses, excuses :oops:. New Paltz local race last night (Friday), got to the track early, practiced gates and did some pump laps. Raced cruiser, 4 people in my moto, took 2,2,2.

Brought a friend with a video camera to the track. Watching myself on video, two things stand out: I’m way late coming out of the gate and I’m totally coasting over the big doubles. I really need to work both of these.

LeadSled1

Felt guilty for not doing anything Thursday so I mowed the 5 acre yard Friday night by taking the sulky off the back of the mower and speed walking behind it.

Today I spent from 12pm to 7pm at the track riding and working. The legs were still hurting from the mowing. 😳

Macdaddy

We just returned from South Park and all I can say is THANK YOU Greg. My 12 nov son went 1-1-1-2 on Sat and 1-1-2-1 on Sun. The most important thing was that he was really focused before the race and after doing what you suggested in your clinic, really showed a lot of progress. On the way home he said that he couldn’t wait to get back on the track(tues july 4 at Pottstown – 2x points) and start working out again.

Thanks again and we hope that you will come back soon.

s4lnj

ok– i’m a bad person– tough weekend for me– missed training saturday sunday and monday– but i’m in the market for some new employment to remedy these issues—

today– tues. 4th— went to the track— 5 pump laps– 2 min rest between followed by about an hour of track time– just me and another dude– so lots of timeon the track— even got him to work some high/low with me… sucker

s4lnj

ok– i’m a bad person– tough weekend for me– missed training saturday sunday and monday– but i’m in the market for some new employment to remedy these issues—

today– tues. 4th— went to the track— 5 pump laps– 2 min rest between followed by about an hour of track time– just me and another dude– so lots of timeon the track— even got him to work some high/low with me… sucker

LeadSled1

Monday: 30 sprints
    Tuesday: 2 X 25 vertical leaps.

Trying to slow up as I leave for the ABA Athens national tomorrow.

LeadSled1

Monday: 30 sprints
    Tuesday: 2 X 25 vertical leaps.

Trying to slow up as I leave for the ABA Athens national tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.