Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old dirt turns

• This topic has 19 voices and 57 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

um….
    this is fun discussion but bmxmom1001 has the most valid point, there are way bigger issues at stake here.
    Way.
    Like unreal way.
    Like OMG, BMX racing, nbl side is not getting better without some serious help, kinda stakes.

4130forlife

WE arent going to change the nbl.. but WE are going to change NJBMX

bmiddaugh

but WE are going to change NJBMX

..welcome back Dave. —

4130forlife

i never left

Caveman

Well, well, well. This topic has really brought out the stupid in people. Bmxer901 takes the prize with his hypothesis that dirt turns would be an insurance problem. You must have been up all night coming up with that one, professor. Perhaps you should smoke pot AFTER getting on the computer and not before.

Penny is making more sense than all of you guys. For anyone that wants to return to 1982 I suggest you start your own track. Then you can make it any way you like. Hell, you can douse it with water and run mud races every week. That would be “MX” wouldn’t it?

People took their feet off the pedals back in the day because turns were flat and we were still imitating motocross. We wanted to look and feel just like motocross stars. The only thing is motorcycles have a MOTOR. Bicycles don’t. Kinda difficult to get speed with one foot off on a bicycle. People finally realized that 15 years later and the old foot-off technique went away.

Chandler, by the way, being in the desert and getting no rain was hard as rock. The turns were so hard and smooth that peoples tires were laying down rubber, creating a black line around the turns. There was no roosting in those turns. Come to think of it, makes me wonder if they did have soiltac back in 89 when I was there.

I actually prefered dirt turns and it can be done but it takes a ton of work. I can’t blame any track for using asphalt because there’s no maintenance. For any one that suggests running dirt turns you DAMN well better step up and be there every week to work on it. And where have all you dirt lovers been while Bensalem has been struggling these past few years? They’ve got five enormous dirt turns waiting for you. Let’s see you put your money where your mouth is and work on those turns. If you hurry you’ve got a few weeks left.

bmxmomof2

Well said! Caveman, I give you a great BIG round of APPLAUSE!!!! I am happy to see that there are still some who are in touch with reality.

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

bmxmom1001

Yeaaa Dave.

@bmxmom1001 wrote:

You sit there and say yeah trilogy is a nice facility and all but then you put it down.

😯 Relax, it was a joke! You guys have done an awesome job with your track and your whole organization. We need more leadership like that.

Now back to your regularly scheduled beotching… 😛

bmxer901

🙄

miken1973

Chandler black mountain and glendale (was nbl in 97) were some of the best tracks I have ever ridden in my life and I meet the guy who did the backflip in the movie rad at the skatepark next to the glendale track. In that enviorment they work. Dave is right out here they dont or are very hard to upkeep.. Cedar for a while was all dirt and they did a good job keeping them up. Form what I remember it took the aba a long time to start going asphalt in the east. WHen I lived in PA york had dirt turns that were awesome but being on a hill every rainstorm they got real rutty which made it hard to jump the triples. WHen they asphalted them that track intensity level stepped up bigt time. Lebenon did the same thing. Gotta go with what works best

4130forlife

mike, i saw mark fillebrown last night.. it was awesome

Macdaddy

duckyboy, yeah, that a good one…. except that if you ever read a post ive written, you’d know that I’M not stuck there. I hated that movie anyway. now, the chines exchange student from 16 candles? maybe.

AirportFF

@Macdaddy wrote:

now, the chines exchange student from 16 candles? maybe.

Long Duck Dong 😆

TenaciousD

So has this been beat to death yet ?

No ?
    Ok ! 😈

Dirt turns are better for racing.

Paved turns are better for the people who wish not to show up at the track a little early to do light mantenance……once in a while.

And for the record, when i strated racing, they were ALL dirt turns, and there were not an army of people out there every week “rebuilding” the turns just because it rained a few days before.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.