Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Racing Veterans Big Jumps

• This topic has 10 voices and 40 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    DigetyelaD

hey rich in all serious what do you do or did you used to as far as training.i only know what not to do how about some tips

bmxlegend

dale.. i can give you some tips my friend..ride around town.. hit the curb jumps..drink a few beers… thats all it takes.. just ride your bike around..

RFarside

Dale,
    Lift 6 nights a week, lots and lots of sprints, plyometrics, rollers, gates 2 times a week, and so on. I train harder now then I did back in the 80’s. Man it sucks getting old.

Rich

bmiddaugh

I sense Ham making a joke about “lifting 6 beers 6 nights a week” coming on…. 😉

RFarside

And hopefully it will pay off here. This is a picture of this years UCI Worlds track in Brazil.

bmxlegend

well.. i lift beers about 5 nights a week..sometimes if im lucky.. its 7 times a week..im lifting as i type.. im already 9 beers down..

bmxlegend

rich.. what are plyometrics?

RFarside

That’s 1 thing you shouldn’t do after drinking.

RFarside

Ham
    But if you would look into getting one of these or both I think you could do both drink and plyometrics at the same time. 😆

Rich

bmxlegend

haha but what is it??? enlighten me

bmxlegend

haha that belt is awesome…i so need one of those

RFarside

I was just looking at the photo of the Worlds track and I noticed in the upper right hand corner it says “track layout may be subject to changeâ€ÂÂ￾ .I hope Ant-dog doesn’t see this or he will be posting all over the place trying to get the track changed. Lets hope for the best.

Rich

rideodybmx

Rich,

The UCI track for this year looks insane, i was looking at that site a few weeks back and saw it. good luck to you when you go this year man, im sure youll do awesome. as for the trainging you guys are talking about i have no input lol im not legal to drink yet, but i do run a h**l of alot of sprints, flats and clips, and lift 4 or 5 times a week plus what ever i do in pe during school

rodney

totally not fare us freestyle guys are not the same this is how the crap starts COME ON it does not have to be like this we can all live together in this world of BMX

bmiddaugh

rod….
    shhh, rich doesn’t realize he has a double agent in his midst….me, lol..

Seriously, this goes back to the post I put up this morning, images portrayed do not reflect reality, us freestyle guys have a whole different set of problems we have to face, but I have you guys helping so I’m confident in that change.

Is your son going to HC this weekend?, tell them you know all of us and ask for Bill Hayden and say hit to Matt

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.