Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Old School Racing Best NJ teams before "RAD"

• This topic has 15 voices and 25 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    LeadSled1

Hey, don’t bust on the shorts. They were long for back then. At least they weren’t those Jamz things with different colors all over. 😆

Kevin Souder and his sister Dawn rode for DJs.

kevh,

My mom, Jeff Malloch (Mr. C’s), Linda McKinnon, Sandy Wiley, Mr. Young and a couple of others ran Lums Pond back then.

I think Heather Klocek was the girl who raced for Cycle Works. I have some pics from back then and she is in them.

Dave, that was after returning home from the Harrisburg national. I still had the uniform on so we took pics of the trophies from the weekend. Oh yeah, I was a rebel. That was a White Bear. Everyone else was riding Cycle Crafts.

Caveman

White Bear !?!?!?! You were a rebel. That’s an ABA bike. At least you weren’t running a Bomber plate or they would have kicked you out!

4130forlife

damn kevin souder.. i havent seen him in years

frank klocek either..man. 1992 was the best year ever for bmx..

Samurai

DJ’s…. yeah Doug Luden got me hooked up with those guys when I made my comeback after taking a couple years off ( I was 15 or 16). Never got a damn thing from them but it got the recognition at the Nationals for being on the same team with Bob Warnicke, who passed away shortly after joining the squad. TNT came shortly after…. I still have my Jersey from DJ’s, S & B (cages), various TNT Jerseys, and older Hyper Jerseys from the early 90’s. I love Crit plates!

Samurai

what about that team JAG…. didnt that fat b*stard child molester run that team…. weirdo…. kenny hogg raced for him didnt he, and scott and dave runnell, before scott got a gig with CW racing…. anyone remember the runnells? i used to get whooped by one of them on the track, they were from NY and raced at Bellmor

kevh

Kevin Souder – wow I forgot that name too. I used to race him all the time. He was the reason I bought the bolt together Hyper after wrecking my Auburn at Shoreham. Clay delivered the frame to me one night at the Holiday in by Bensalem BMX. He went shopping at Franklin Mills mall afterwards, it was a couple days before the Xmas classic in OH.

I finished putting the bike together at the race, and then crashed 5 out of 6 motos getting used to the new frame. That sucked.

jaylamoon

that was Kerianne Klocek that rode for cycle works…and me…Edwin Davies is trying to sell a load of old cycle crafts, tnts, etc that his dad and Mr Cannon had collected over the years if anyone is interested!!

4130forlife

i am interested

mazuy

Did’nt half of Jersey ride for Scavones at one time either through the A or B team,I know I did.
    Brad were you there the day the feds/state shut them down?

Brad_Dalbec

Hey Mazuy,

What’s up bud?

If you bought enough merchandise there they’d give you a nice discount. They did a lot of mail order as well. I was always packing boxes everyday that were shipped all over.

I wasn’t there at the time when they got shut down in 85 or so, but my sister was. Poor John always had a pretty bad stutter, and he could barley talk when they came in for him.

4130forlife

mr cannon was a cool guy..i spent alot of money with cycleworks..

mazuy

I knew either you or your sister were there,when they shut down.they were great poeple and had a hell of a bussiness,should have paid taxes,I guess.
    Brad,the wife and I are coming to Florida alot this winter,so we will have to catch up.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.