• This topic has 6 voices and 25 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    XMotoXchick

No doubt LOL —

ok soo .. do you know of anny gum w.o aspartame? all of the ones ive seen have it whats it ther for flavor?

XMotoXchick

Aspartame is used as a sugar substitute. Sugarless gum so you don’t get cavities. Its in lots of foods not just diet soda.

XMotoXchick

zapgum.com
    is aspartame free..

Here is a article on gum with aspartame in it.
    By H. J. Roberts, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.C.C.P.
    E-Mail: HJrobertsmd@aol.com
    (c)2004 by H. J. Roberts, M.D.

Posted 28 June 2004

Aspartame disease is being increasingly encountered in medical practice. (1-4) Over two-thirds of the population currently consumes the chemical aspartame, most commonly, as “diet” sodas and “sugar-free” products. I have detailed the serious neurological, psychiatric, metabolic, endocrine allergic and addictive aspects of this affliction. (1-5)

The widespread consumption of popular aspartame products that can be absorbed from the mouth and oropharynx should be cause for concern. They include gum, mouthwashes, chewable drugs and vitamins, and rectangular “mouth-freshener” strips placed on the tongue. Sugar-free mints are recommended for low-carbohydrate dieters who experience bad breath.

The prompt and predicable recurrence of symptoms (e.g., headache, dizziness, seizures, confusion, visual features, joint pain) on initial exposure or rechallenge to aspartame in this manner has been impressive. These issues are relevant.

Persons tend to chew aspartame gum up to five times longer than regular gum.

The prompt absorption of this neurotoxin from the mouth and oropharynx, with direct transport to the brain by a unique pathway, has clinical confirmation. (see below)

These products can create an intense craving for sweets due to increased insulin secretion.

The potential for addiction, related largely to the methyl alcohol component of aspartame, is significant. Scores of patients experienced severe withdrawal reactions after abrupt cessation.

The response of a previously well woman illustrates this issue. “I suffered a grand mal seizure watching a movie immediately after applying a Listerine Strip. My friend gave me the strip, and it’s the last thing I remember. Apparently, I stiffened up, my eyes rolled back in my head, and I bit my tongue and drooled. I regained awareness 1/2 hour later as I was being unloaded from the ambulance. A CAT scan, an MRI, blood work and other tests were all inconclusive.”

Persons at high risk for aspartame reactions ought to be warned against using these products. They include pregnant women, children and patients with seizures, migraine, diabetes, hypoglycemia and weight disorders.
    References:

Roberts HJ Reactions attributed to aspartame containing producs: 551 cases. J appl Nutr l988; 40:86-94.
    Robert HJ. Aspartame (NutraSweet): Is It Safe? Philadelphia, The Charles Press, l989.
    Roberts HJ, Sweet’ner Dearest: Bittersweet Vignettes About Aspartame (NutraSweet) West Palm Beach, Sunshine Sentinel Press, l992.
    Robert HJ, Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic, West Palm Beach, Sunshine Sentinel Press, 2001.
    Roberts HJ. Aspartame (NutraSweet) addiction. Townsend Letter for Doctors 2000: 198 (January): 52-57.

H. J. Roberts, MD FACP
    Palm Beach Institute For Medical Research
    P. O. Box 17799
    West Palm Beach, Florida 33416 USA
    Note from Dr. Betty Martini:

Please note we have notified Wrigley for years about the information Dr. Roberts has reported for this published article. Rather than remove aspartame from their gum they have now put this toxin in almost all their gums, and mixed with other unsafe sweeteners like acesulfame potassium (caused cancer and leukemia in original studies) and sucralose or Splenda which has a chlorinated base like DDT and can cause autoimmune disease. ( http://www.wnho.net (click on aspartame) and http://www.dorway.com ).

We have also notified Pfizer maker of the Listerine Strips since they came out that consumers were reporting seizures including kids, along with other adverse reactions on the FDA list of 92 symptoms. They won’t even answer my emails anymore.

Wrigley’s and Pfizer have now been sued over poisoning the public with Aspartame. Go to http://www.wnho.net and right on the front page you will see the information on those companies sued so far for having aspartame in their products with full knowledge

adamguild

I will stick with the sugar highs and cavities…..

you can ask Brett I said that Human Breeding should only be allowed every 4 years..

Once every four years…Sorry Brett

XMotoXchick

I never said anything about Sex …..We dont want kids anyway…..
    Just kills the mood..

bmiddaugh

breeding is one ‘ting,
    having a noice shag is another matter entirely me bonnie lass….

adamguild

Yeah.lets take more of our rights way???????????? NOT….

bmiddaugh

we need a population control solution….
    barring the VA Campus, solution.

adamguild

I have an easy population control.Kick all the illegal non tax paying immigrants out of the USA…Problem solved…………………

adamguild

Quot:we need a population control solution….
    barring the VA Campus, solution.

Brett, sounds like you have been reading too much Nazi propaganda again.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.