Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum Any one wonder why?

• This topic has 11 voices and 30 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

just as in football and nascar

You forgot NHRA drag racing- but MAC that is no a sport right? I mean what grown man would want to go 337 miles an hour in 4.42 seconds? MAC you are a good guy no matter what. Now get on the track ok —

oh look what i found
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=TmFB_4ea4D4
    john force 14 time champ um tell him drag racing is not a sport. and btw he started out with nothing and now look at him. —

rodney

Bill has alot of great points !!!! racing is not freestyle never has never will It took along time for major sports to get where they are at so if you want bmx at that level (and beleive me there are some that dont want bmx as big as nascar) a large percent of riders are cool with this underground get away from sports anti jock lifestyle . Instead of raging over it on the internet go ask the riders want they are looking to get from BMX .

rodney

FORGET it!!! I dont know why I respond I dont know anything about bmx . bikes , kids I SUCK, FORGIVE ME

Macdaddy

good research chick – except that the TEAMS were represented. That is like saying the eagle players had a say because the team was represented. no the nfl was formed by owners, not players. Ant, what is the obsession with me getting on the track? In my (ignorant) opinion, that should not matter. As for freestyle contests, maybe they are run by riders but it is not the same. Racing is the only sport where 5 y/o kids compete on the same surface at the same events as pros. And before you say it, no I dont see Scott C. entering an event at Hackettstown. Who is the state freestyle champion? Who is the Incline club champion? See, there is a big difference. Al I was trying to point out is that you cannot give everyone a voice – it just doesn’t work, and when that voice differs depending on age and profficiency it gets even worse. So only some riders are going to have a voice?
    Dave, maybe you are right after all, maybe I need to be a “lurker” as I seem not to be on the same page.

bmiddaugh

I should also add that the people currently in charge of racing, listen to the riders to begin with, so this discussion sorta seems self defeating.

I should clarify that by saying “in NJ”.
    Thanks,
    Brett

oh, as far as NJ freestyle champions and the like…well, let’s just say, things are in the works, just like everything else.

XMotoXchick

I am sorry but it says here Jim Thorpe was a player.The president Jim Thorpe, a former football and track star at the Carlisle Indian School (Pa.) and a double gold medal winner at the 1912 Olympics in Stockholm, played for the Pine Village Pros in Indiana

RaidenHayden

Rod, you me and Pawson just need to go riding and hit a bar afterwards, all will be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RaidenHayden

Oh yeah, and just make it fun for the kids, no matter who runs it, and it will grow. That was my point

BIGANT-DOG

Ant, what is the obsession with me getting on the track?

It ain’t like that i just like busting your chops.

BIGANT-DOG

One more thing. I am all for giving all riders a voice, especially the younger ones. I will say it again. If you show a young rider the right path,When they get older and if they are still into bmx racing.they will already have the mindset to keep bmx going instead of having up and down years. I think that if someone has been racing since the age of 5 and is 13 to 15 they have a good idea about what bmx is about. Mac I got no beef with you. We both want the sport to grow, but we have different ideas on how it should be done. that’s all.

Rodney wrote.

Instead of raging over it on the internet go ask the riders want they are looking to get from BMX .

Rod I am working on that. Trust me.

s4lnj

see what you started bill!!!!!

rodney

Bill Im down just got to get Dave out

RaidenHayden

Working on it Rod

CWCCRIDER

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike

njracer

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.