Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing BMX Events ABA grands ROC

• This topic has 9 voices and 47 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

Yes, at one time there may be THREE motos on the track at one time. ABA runs things quick, the stands might look empty, but that building is huge, and if you watch the one Transit Vid, you can see the people throught. There is truly enough room there to build another track in that building, and on the other side is pit row behind the bleachers, is where most people lock their bikes, unlike the years we had it in Oklahoma City, where the bikes all went into a big lockup area.

bmxmom156

hey bill what order do they do the motos? right now they are around moto 217 i think its the first round 30 something cruiser class. when will the pros moto go ??

dans trying to figure out when his class will go as well as the pros… do they put the pros in the beginning of the motos?

Caveman

Phil wins A pro at the ROC?!?!?!?!? Can you say !@#$!@#$$! That’s huge. Him and Kapes are going to be battling in AA soon. And Veltman’s racing Vet? That’s hot! I haven’t seen him in years. I raced him in 88 and 89 in amateur.

Liz Passwaters gets 7th? WTF? Austin Loebe gets 8th in 13X. Not bad for 39 riders. I so want Carnes to win the Vet title. He’s the man. If you saw the bs move that Parry laid down in the last turn last year, you’d be rooting for Carnes too. Looks like Bubba will rule the world for another year. By the way, the ABA had the results up on their site shortly after the race was over.

Debbie, Pros run first, then open, girls, cruiser, then boys from young to oldest. So 16X is closer to the end. Did you pay to see it? How many motos for the grands?

And to think I was going but I backed out! I picked the wrong year to skip it.

RaidenHayden

Yeah Perry totally pimped him coming out of the last turn BAD, the booing was loud, have it on vid

bmiddaugh

If Bubba gets the ace for the year he is the first pro to win it 3 times back to back.

Ya see back in our day, (Rich, Dave, Bill…etc.) If you race aba you were racing with the big boys. If you ran a #1 YOU EARNED THAT THING. Whether it was district or national, you had to be bad a**.
    nbl was the minor leagues.
    Ya gotta refer to the post about how many aba tracks there were in NJ in the 80’s.
    Crazy!

RaidenHayden

Deb, it goes
    pros
    Mixed open
    open
    girls
    cru
    girls cru
    age groups

bmxmom156

phil just got 5th in pro open. it went so fast i think this is how they finished.. harris, stevenson, day, berkheimer, phil

BIGANT-DOG

Can you say future #1 pro? No doubt in my mind.

4130forlife

phil is a fucking ANIMAL

bmxmom156

yes i pd for it dan was watching but i have to tell you the nbl has the announcing down pat compared to aba. that announcer should hang up his hat. i dont know who it is but he is horrible.. he is announcing the guy in first only and he only says the rider number plate…DUHH! no kidding… no excitement at all and he skips like every 2 motos.. i’ll take linda dorsey or roger anyday!!! he is more interested in talking to whoever is next to him in the tower than who is on the track . its a shame really… they had like 7-8 groups of 16x and he only announced the names in 2 of them.. i know they run them fast but please…

plus i dont care for the 1st place guy winning then the rest of the pack sits down and gives up i know you have to be 1st to transfer but it kinda takes the excitement out of the race.. top 4 is more of a battle. .. if you are not in top 2 it looks like the rest of them give up. why bother??.plus if you do win the first moto then you dont race till sunday? i think its better to get more track time i m not a rider but it makes more sence to me. then you have to run the opens i guess more $$….is the name of the game.

good points and bad i guess in both sanctions…

bmiddaugh

the aba makes it so you have to win to be the best.
    1st moto- 1st qualifies out
    2nd moto- 1st place qualifies out
    3rd place- top 2 qualify

if you are running 3 classes you would actually be saving energy. you would be racing less.

in the aba someone loses…much like life.

the aba realizes the motos are just….the motos.
    The mains are where the excitement lies.
    I have yet to hear any good announcers anywhere, other than a couple here in NJ, lol.

most importantly the aba picks a large contingent of people who have actually ridden a bike to run their program.

BIGANT-DOG

Can you imagine dale with mike at the grands!!!!!!!! My wife thinks he is funny as hell. I nominate dale for announcer of the year.

RaidenHayden

Deb, usually the ABA annoucers are real good, but at a race this large the a-team won’t come in till round main time

bmxmom156

oh ok i get it now…

but i still dont like the buy 3 (motos) get 1 if ya win race.. you should have to race all 3 i just dont like it much. when we did aba back when secaucus was open it took a while to get used to it… hey people complain with the lack of racing now( when dulack was announcing at iron man) when the moto just “coasts” or dosnt try…whatever.. at a national to see it ..well i just cant get used to it. its sad to see 5 or 6 guys just quit thats not racing in my book… conserve your energy i can see that but the whole pack? seems odd…

i guess thats why they have chocolate and vanilla…

bmiddaugh

No one coasts at an aba race. you aint gonna see pump racing.
    if there are 3 guys on that gate at a local.
    1 of them will be dropped and there will be a 2 man main.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.